As of July 1 I began posting my daily photos over at my main blog, A Fresh Perspective.
I found the need to eliminate one blog, and since this one came second, this is the one.
I hope you will choose to join me over at A Fresh Perspective for daily photos, photo challenges,
and some other fun stuff thrown in.

Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11

We've been trying out some new recipes this week.
This is fruit and spinach salad (before the poppyseed dressing).  It was pretty good.  Except the raspberries weren't good and the kids weren't crazy about the blueberries (too mushy).  If we make it again, we will leave those out.  The other ingredients are sliced strawberries and canned/jarred mandarin oranges.  They were both a big hit with the kids.  And they even ate the spinach w/o too much fuss.
For the dressing, you mix 1/3 cup poppyseed dressing with 1 tablespoon frozen (thawed) orange juice.  It was pretty tasty.  It was similar to sweet-n-sour dressing.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Here is a really similar salad that makes a meal and is great for hot days in the summer...

mandarin oranges
strawberries
pineapple
blueberries
on spinach
with grilled chicken
top with poppyseed dressing. (I prefer the Kraft brand.)

Panera makes a salad like this. Soooo good! We make it all the time. I just don't know how to make Panera's dressing. It's even better than the store bought poppyseed.