As of July 1 I began posting my daily photos over at my main blog, A Fresh Perspective.
I found the need to eliminate one blog, and since this one came second, this is the one.
I hope you will choose to join me over at A Fresh Perspective for daily photos, photo challenges,
and some other fun stuff thrown in.

Friday, July 30, 2010

July 30

I have been staking out in Keira's bedroom all week trying unsuccessfully to get pictures of the goldfinches eating my sunflowers (they are right outside Keira's window).  But the birds are either hidden by leaves and I can't get them or if I do manage to get a shot, I'm too far away and once I crop the photo, it gets blurry.  Even with my 55-200 zoom.  Ugh!

But today I was outside grilling supper (corn on the cob and turkey burgers, in case you were wondering :) and they remarkably didn't fly away when I approached them.  In fact, this female looks like she's giving me attitude.  Like, "what are you looking at?!"  :)  But when I tried to get a little closer, they all flew away.  I'm going to keep trying to photograph them as long as we have sunflowers to feed them.  One of these days, I will get the shot I'm after.

No comments: