As of July 1 I began posting my daily photos over at my main blog, A Fresh Perspective.
I found the need to eliminate one blog, and since this one came second, this is the one.
I hope you will choose to join me over at A Fresh Perspective for daily photos, photo challenges,
and some other fun stuff thrown in.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

2011-04-03

2011-04-03
ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/30s, D3100 w/18-55mm lens
Signs of Spring!
This photo was actually taken yesterday on a photo walk I took with my daughter.  (The few photos I took today were for the Scavenger Hunt on my other blog).  I let her use my Nikon D40 while I used my D3100.  She had a good time learning about lighting and shooting in manual mode.  She's a pretty quick learner.  (I was quizzing her on the way home).  :)  I can see we are going to have a good time together once the weather is better for photo walks.
I added SKC Photography's Old Paper texture to this - opacity about 25%.

9 comments:

Susan said...

That is very neat that you do that with your daughter, what special memories. Love the DOF in this photo.

Jaime said...

Great dof! Love the faint bokeh of the other branches.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Fresh shoots always remind me of that scripture in Matthew, "As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near." Hope it continues to warm up in your area.

Noel said...

Yay! for spring. I'm so glad it's here :)

Unknown said...

Great photo, and so fun when the kids enjoy our hobby!

Anonymous said...

Great shot Kimberly!
Happy new week:)

Photography said...

I love how you have this interest together. It's a great shot.

Michelle said...

Yay...for your daughter developing an interest in phototgraphy, too!!!

Gretchen said...

It's always fun to help the kids learn new things that you are interested in!! The green is coming!!! Happy Spring!