As of July 1 I began posting my daily photos over at my main blog, A Fresh Perspective.
I found the need to eliminate one blog, and since this one came second, this is the one.
I hope you will choose to join me over at A Fresh Perspective for daily photos, photo challenges,
and some other fun stuff thrown in.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

2011-06-16

2011-06-16
ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/60s, 18-55mm lens w/4x macro filter
After having such a rainy April and May, and having such a hot, dry June, we finally got some much-needed rain today, so I ventured out this evening to capture some rain drops. I played with my macro filters again on my lilies ... still getting the hang of them.  I decided to turn down the saturation on this photo to make it softer.  The lilies are very bright yellow.
The forecast for the next 7 days? ... Isolated/scattered thunderstorms EVERY day.  Be careful what you wish for, I guess.  :)

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm wishing over here for every bit of rain we can get! We are SO hot and dry, and I just re-landscaped the back yard! Love the detail on your photo and your creative take on the processing.

Michelle said...

I'm hoping for some rain, so we can stop watering.

Thanks for the camera info. I really appreciate it. The 18-270 lens looks awesome. I didn't know about it until you mentioned it. Now, I'm rethinking things a little. Instead of buying a bundle, maybe it's better to buy the camera body seperate with a specific lens (maybe?). It's hard to know which way to go.

Vintage West said...

Love the softness and detail of the raindrops, beautiful!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful shot, love the softness and color. Rainy and cool here too...

Tiffany

Unknown said...

Love your edit on this one! And I'm cracking up about your sentiments on summer vacation (on your weekly collage) and how it's already driving you crazy! :)

Gretchen said...

Gorgeous! We need rain here too... and have it predicted for everyday, but it never seems to hit here. All around us, but not here. Macro filters... hmm... off to research!

Susan said...

This is so beautiful. Our flowers are drowning with all the rain!