As of July 1 I began posting my daily photos over at my main blog, A Fresh Perspective.
I found the need to eliminate one blog, and since this one came second, this is the one.
I hope you will choose to join me over at A Fresh Perspective for daily photos, photo challenges,
and some other fun stuff thrown in.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

2011-06-30

2011-06-30
ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/80s, 18-105mm lens
The common milkweed upon which we find our Monarch caterpillars is blooming right now.  The field behind our church is loaded with milkweed blooms and it smells divine.  I wanted to capture a photo of the blooms before they die.  Plus I got a little sun flare in just for fun.  :)

Also just a reminder that this is the last Photo of the Day post on this blog.  Starting tomorrow my POTD's will be posted on my main blog, My Perspective.  I hope you'll join me over there.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be sure to check things out on your other blog from now on. Love the sun flare in this shot!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Lovely photo.

Gretchen said...

Can't say I've ever seen the milkweed in bloom... very cool looking... almost like fireworks! I see you on your other blog... =D

Misty said...

Cool photo and cool sunflare.

Anonymous said...

Great shot Kimberly!

Happy weekend:)

Kristin said...

Gorgeous shot. Love the sunflare. I'm headed over to my sidebar to change my link up to you.

Michelle said...

Good idea from Kristin. I'm going to update my sidebar as well.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

fabulous lighting

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Love this capture, Kimberly. You're milkweed is beautiful. I don't think I've seen any around here. We only get Monarchs when they are migrating and they usually skirt around my area.

Jaime said...

On second thought... I have been away too long! I've missed a whole month. ;(

Martha Z said...

Nice shot, I'm familiar with milkweed when the fall when the pods burst but I'm not sure I would recognize it in bloom.

deb duty said...

Oooh I love this! Such pretty sun flare!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.