As of July 1 I began posting my daily photos over at my main blog, A Fresh Perspective.
I found the need to eliminate one blog, and since this one came second, this is the one.
I hope you will choose to join me over at A Fresh Perspective for daily photos, photo challenges,
and some other fun stuff thrown in.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

2011-01-27

Cardinal
ISO 400, f5.6, 1/1600s, 18-105mm lens at 105mm, white balance set for cloudy because I couldn't get a custom white balance reading for some reason
Alex and I went for a walk today.  We went out to play in the snow and he asked if we could go for a walk.  He loves to walk down through our neighbor's woods.  Thankfully our neighbors don't mind.  So we tromped through the 8 inch deep snow for a while.  (That is a really good workout, by the way.)  On the way back to the house, we spotted this cardinal in our other neighbor's lilac bushes.  I was trying to quietly approach him which is hard when you have a 5 year old and a dog with you.  :)  But he wasn't going anywhere, so I was able to get about 5 or 6 feet from him before he moved to another branch.  This isn't a great photo because of all the branches in the way, but I was so excited to get this close.  I was really wishing I had my 55-200mm zoom lens on.

2 comments:

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Love cardinals in winter. I never have any in my yard. :( Just like this summer, I waited and waited for a snake and one never appeared. I just spend all winter waiting for a cardinal, but none shows up. Good job.

SKCPhotos said...

Beautiful shot. I like the branches being there. It tells a story.