As of July 1 I began posting my daily photos over at my main blog, A Fresh Perspective.
I found the need to eliminate one blog, and since this one came second, this is the one.
I hope you will choose to join me over at A Fresh Perspective for daily photos, photo challenges,
and some other fun stuff thrown in.

Monday, May 2, 2011

2011-05-01

2011-05-01
ISO 3200 (forgot to lower it once outside - oops!), f/5.6, 1/400s, D3100 w/18-105mm lens
On Sunday Doug and I visited the Erie Zoo.  It's not nearly as big as the Pittsburgh Zoo where we usually visit, but it had this really cool bird exhibit.  You were inside the big cage with all these parrots.  They landed on us and crawled up our arms.  One crawled all the way up to my shoulder then proceeded to try to eat the zipper of my jacket.  When he wasn't getting any food from it, he squawked in my ear ... a lot.  I loved it!  I could have spent all day in there!  :)

More photos from our mini vacation coming soon on my other blog, My Perspective.  Just gotta get them edited.


This photo was chosen as a Top 5 photo this week!


Inspire

5 comments:

Jennifer Thompson said...

Wow, beautiful colors!

Unknown said...

This is a amazing! You can see every little detail of those feathers.

SKCPhotos said...

Oh this is gorgeous. Beautiful color and detail.

Michelle said...

What a fun experience. I love doing stuff like that. Such a pretty bird...you captured it well.

Gretchen said...

Great capture! We did a butterfly room like that... not sure we'd survive with birds!! My lil girl was freaked by the butterflies... BUT I'd like it! =)