As of July 1 I began posting my daily photos over at my main blog, A Fresh Perspective.
I found the need to eliminate one blog, and since this one came second, this is the one.
I hope you will choose to join me over at A Fresh Perspective for daily photos, photo challenges,
and some other fun stuff thrown in.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week 19 Summary

Week-19-Collage
What a week!  Some fun stuff, some not so fun stuff ... but a good week overall.  Let's take a look ...
8 - My first butterfly capture of the year.  Unfortunately the butterfly was being elusive and staying near the top of the lilacs.  Not to worry, there will be plenty more butterfly photos to come as we will be raising Monarchs again this year.
9 - A USAF C-130 plane was flying over the playground when Alex and I stopped by so he could burn off some energy after preschool.  Several cool things about this photo ... 
{one} my friend Jeannie's son was in this plane for ROTC, 
{two} she bought the photo from me (my first photography sale!), 
and {three} this photo was picked as a Top 5 by Inspire Happiness Daily!

Inspire

That makes 3 weeks in a row one of my photos got picked!  That just blows me away!
10 - My friend, Laura, invited us to join them for a day at the Pittsburgh Zoo
11 - Alex and I went for a walk on a local community trail.  When I told him to go get his shoes on, he came back with his cowboy boots on.  I thought the boots looked really cute with his shorts.  :)  And so did all the ladies we passed on the trail.
12 - We finally hit 80 degrees so we broke out the sprinkler.  Honey, our golden retriever, loves it just as much as the kids do.  Maybe more!
13 - A jellyfish from Tuesday's zoo trip.  (Sick day for me - strep throat.  Keira came down with strep throat and missed school Wednesday-Friday - started meds Thursday.  I started to get sick Thursday afternoon/evening.  I started meds yesterday.  Still not feeling great but better than yesterday.)
14 - Nick should have had his photo taken/posted yesterday (the 13th is the anniversary of his birthday), but being sick, well, I forgot.  Or didn't care.  Or both.  :)  So I posted a photo I took of him on Tuesday - a day late.  Obviously I'm extending myself some grace this week.


My niece's birthday party is going on this afternoon.  Alex was mad at me this morning for being sick and telling him that we weren't going to be able to go.  So he decided he was riding his bike there.  In the rain.  He got halfway down the driveway before I made him come back. It was actually pretty funny.  I wish I had taken his picture.  So I called my mom and asked her if she wouldn't mind swinging by and taking the kids with her.  She did and now it is so quiet in the house, I can hear all the clocks ticking.  I'm going to take advantage and spend some time working on a photo book.
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Inspire Me PhotographyFind Your HappinessThe Daily Wyatt
NapTime MomTog Project 365

10 comments:

Branson said...

Just love the texture on 9! What a great week! :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

That jellyfish is AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great photos. Love the airplane and the elephant. That jelly fish is neat too. Thanks for linking up.

Michelle said...

I hope you feel better, Kimberly. Strep throat? Ugh. Wish I could send you a good book with some hot tea through this computer.

Angee @ October Morning said...

I love the cowboy boots and jellyfish. Hope you feel better.

Unknown said...

The jellyfish shot is really cool! :D

Love the plane shot, too. :D Yay for Top 5! :)

Tracey Washington said...

Great captures this week...and congratulations - you are on a good roll! Thanks for linking up :)

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Great pictures. We are nowhere near 80 yet. Up here in NH we have barely been hitting 70.

Unknown said...

Love those boots!

Meg said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! Thank you for linking up!! :) Love the airplane picture and the story behind it, that's great! And the jellyfish picture is just TOTALLY cool. Love it!! :)