As of July 1 I began posting my daily photos over at my main blog, A Fresh Perspective.
I found the need to eliminate one blog, and since this one came second, this is the one.
I hope you will choose to join me over at A Fresh Perspective for daily photos, photo challenges,
and some other fun stuff thrown in.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

2011-05-21

2011-05-21
This morning I ran my first 5K race of the year.  The weather was completely different from last year's race ... it was gorgeous!  Although sometimes a bit hot in the sun.  (Last year was raining and chilly).  My watch says I finished in 34:04, but I forgot to stop my timer right away, so I think I finished in about 33:30.  (I'll find out my official time when it gets posted on the website tomorrow or Monday).  Not my best time, but better than I ran this particular race last year. Now I'm heading out to mow some grass while the weather is cooperating.  :)


UPDATE:  The race results are up.  My official time is 33:30.30.  I finished 12th out of 22 in my age group.  281st overall.  There were 415 people racing.  That's a great turnout!  Looking forward to my next race!

Linking up with You Capture's "busy" challenge.  Does running a 5K qualify as busy?  :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful and such a great finishing time.

Michelle said...

Good for you...that's awesome! I love the way you set up that second picture. It tells a story all by itself.

Gretchen said...

Well done!! Congrats on a great first race of the season!! (Reminds me that I need to get back out there for another!!)